Superchunk

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Lone_Freighter from Vermont

4.39/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I poured my portion into a snifter. The appearance was a dark brown close to black sort of color with a nice looking waft of foamy off white head. Gentle dissipation. Sliding lace. The aroma had some intense roasty coffee beans beating at a nice sweet cocoa powder. Tough sort of espresso sweetness seems to come out as it warms. The flavor blends the sweet espresso and cocoa powder to the roast ever so nicely to glide into the aftertaste gently. Quick dry blended finish. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium on the body, perhaps just a touch closer to medium, the more I think about it. Good semi-dry to wet feel along my tongue, very nice balance. Overall, another high quality imperial stout by Foam Brewers. Perfect for a snow day in mid March in Vermont.

Jun 05, 2017
daudelin2000 from Vermont

4.49/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pours a deep, dark brown, almost black with a light chocolate colored head. Decent sized head that dissipated pretty quickly.

Aroma is fresh roasted coffee for days. I don't get as much chocolate in the smell as I was expecting. Slight smokey smell as well.

Taste follows the nose. Lots of fresh roasted coffee. I don't get much chocolate in the taste either, but I do get a subtle smokey flavor much like the aroma. Mouthfeel is between medium and full. The 8.2% alcohol is completely hidden.

Overall, I really like this beer a lot. Would have liked a little more chocolate flavor, but the coffee flavor is so fresh, it makes me forget quickly that I wanted chocolate. Another very good beer from Foam.

Mar 25, 2017