New Beer Sunday (week 489)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by utopiajane, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kemoarps

kemoarps Poo-Bah (1,976) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

New Single Hop Sunday

I suppose the thing to do is to start off by wishing the appropriate individuals congratulations on completion of their most recent rotation around the sun. Happy birthday!

rorjets in particular: I realize (assume?) the name is a bastardization of the loljets meme (but seriously... Geno may not be Namath, but did you see his receiving options??), but it struck me as particularly amusing considering recent local sentiments surrounding the Whidbey Island Naval Base. The classic contingent of the island (read: hippies) have become irked at the constant roaring of jets across otherwise idyllic summer afternoons. There was a Quiet Skies float in the 4th of July parade.

Neither here nor there, just always fun when completely disparate worlds have an opportunity for me to forcibly and haphazardly force them together.

Had some delicious new experiences this weekend, celebrating America Day with a two year old bottle of Adam from Hair of the Dog. Man it was tasty. Made me want to fire up a nice dark cigar and kick my feet up on the porch. Fireworks were fabulous as usual, though I realized I think this was the first time I'd been back on the island for the 4th since before I turned 21. Wild. Got to watch from my buddy's houseboat in the bay under where they light them off. BOOOOOMMM!!!
    [​IMG]
    IPX (Organic and Chinook) from HUB is a good showcase of Chinook hops, but an... incomplete beer overall. It is my first experience with explicitly single hop IPAs, and I absolutely appreciate the opportunity to learn about specific varietals on their own terms without a lot of distractions, but from a pure enjoyable drinking experience it's a little lacking. But now I know that much better what elements of my other brews are from Chinook hops, and even more importantly, an idea what Chinook has to offer for making my own things!! Yay!!!

2. Mikus

Mikus Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

New beer today was La Fin Du Monde... incredible tropical notes, some banana and pineapple... some alcohol worked in after it warmed up... smooth and delicious... looking forward to continuing into the trippels... damn fine beer!

3. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

Congratulations! I hope I can do that many reviews here on BA. What a body of work! =)

superspak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.