Extreme Beer Box: BIG STOUTS!

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Boxes & Fests' started by Todd, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (6,697) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

I'm stoked to announce the next BeerAdvocate box...

[​IMG]

Extreme Beer Box: BIG STOUTS is a kickass, limited-release, highly-curated box of 12 BIG STOUTS from 12 AWESOME breweries that push the boundaries of brewing and raise a fist at the norm. Our good friends at Half Time Beverage will deliver the box to your door, and you can enjoy the beers at your leisure.

Why Stouts? You spoke. We listened! A box of BIG STOUTS is what the vast majority of the BeerAdvocate community wanted. Dark, smooth, rich, malty, roasty, and BIG, STOUTS are also perfect for sipping and sharing with friends during the colder months. And, as this is an Extreme Beer Box, many of the Stouts will contain a creative twist beyond simply being higher in alcohol.

### WHAT'S IN THE BOX? :thinking_face:

Each Extreme Beer Box: BIG STOUTS purchase will include the following:
    • 12 BIG STOUTS from 12 AWESOME breweries, curated by Todd Alström, Founder of BeerAdvocate.
    • Access to a dedicated tasting forum where you can learn more about the beers and discuss them with others.
    BUY NOW: https://halftimebeverage.com/extreme-beer-box-big-stouts-36664

Sales end December 30. Boxes will start shipping early January 2023.

Purchasing as a gift? Download and print the gift card!

Questions? Check out the FAQ below.

Thanks for your support! :fire::beers::heavymetal:

Todd
    Founder of BeerAdvocate

### THE BIG STOUTS :skull:

[​IMG]

For this Extreme Beer Box, we’re focusing on bold, creative, fun, and of course BIG STOUTS that contain a wide-range of ingredients (like nuts. lactose, and coffee), so please read before you buy. And all of the Stouts are 7 percent alcohol by volume or higher, but most are over 11 percent. So, check yourself before you wreck yourself. :skull:
    1. Adroit Theory Brewing Co.
      Eat the Rich (Ghost 1306)
      12% | 16oz can
      A brand new Stout with intense, complex flavors. Rich aromas of roastiness, date + prune fruit esters, and subtle undertones of alcohol. Bitterness is firm; notes of bittersweet chocolate, espresso coffee, and tar. Lingering warmth in the finish with moderate sweetness. A sipper that is black as night. This batch was brewed for BeerAdvocate's Extreme Beer Box: BIG STOUTS.

2. Barclay Brewing Co.
      FLUX
      11% | 12oz can
      Imperial Stout with Vanilla.

3. Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
      Wake Up World Wide Stout
      17% | 12oz bottle
      This new, breakfast-themed iteration of the brewery’s fan-favorite beer, lovingly dubbed Wake Up World Wide Stout, is brewed with regeneratively grown malts from Epiphany Malting, organic maple syrup from New Leaf Tree Syrups, oat milk from Elmhurst and organic coffee beans from Rise Up Coffee Roasters. Clocks in at 15-17% ABV.

4. Ecliptic Brewing
      Gravastar (Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout)
      7.2% | 16oz can
      A Gravastar, meaning "gravitational vacuum star", is an object hypothesized as an alternative to the black hole theory, as deep and dark as this original oatmeal stout. A smooth base of Maris Otter Malt, followed by roast malts, wheat and oats, compliment the layers of peanut butter and chocolate. Brewed especially for BeerAdvocate's Extreme Beer Box: BIG STOUTS, this beer is a real treat that will pull you in.

Allergen warning: contains wheat and peanuts.

5. Finback Brewery
      Coconut Drip
      11% | 16oz can
      Imperial Stout with Invisible Force coffee, peanuts, vanilla, and coconut.

Allergen warning: contains tree nuts and peanuts.

6. Firestone-Walker Brewing Co.
      Paraboloid
      15% | 12oz bottle
      Our signature Parabola imperial stout achieves new heights in this limited small-batch release. We aged it in an equal selection of rare older-stock barrels for two years; specifically, 14-year Old Fitzgerald bourbon barrels and 18-year Sazerac Rye whiskey Barrels. These barrels complemented Parabola's. Classic dark chocolate, cherry and vanilla flavors by imparting hints of stone fruits, fudge, leather and peppery spice. The result cultivates an ultra-smooth mouthfeel for this prodigiously flavorful beer.

7. Great Notion Brewing
      Peanut Brother
      9% | 16oz can
      Imperial Milk Stout aged on peanut butter and chocolate.

Allergen warning: contains wheat, lactose, and peanuts.

8. Japas Cervejaria
      Black Daruma
      11% | 16oz can
      Russian Imperial Stout with Persimmon.

9. Odell Brewing Co.
      Barreled Treasure (Spirit Hound Straight Malt Whisky)
      12% | 12oz bottle
      For this edition of Barreled Treasure, we partnered with one of Colorado’s finest distillers, our friends at Spirit Hound Distillers. Using hyper-fresh barrels from their award-winning Straight Malt Whisky, we aged a big and bold, dark and roasty Imperial Stout. The result is an incredibly smooth Whisky Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with notes of roasted barley and woody, sweet vanilla and toffee from the barrels. Your riches await!

10. Oskar Blues
      Bourbon Barrel-Aged Ten FIDY
      12.5% | 12oz can
      Perfecting a blend of 3-5 year aged bourbon and 8-12 year aged bourbon barrels. Ten Fidy boasts malt driven aromatic and flavor notes of molasses, sweet chocolate, vanilla, brown sugar, burnt sugar, caramel, with marshmallow, whiskey, oak, coffee, dried fruit along with some stone fruit, toast with biscuit, and nutty aromas.

11. Revolution Brewing
      Dark Mode
      13.8% | 12oz can
      A blend of chocolate malt, traditional roasted barley, and debittered black malt lend this Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Milk Stout its nebulous, void-like hue without harsh, detracting astringency to make your mouth sad. Golden oats enhance body while a dash of applewood smoked malt provides the gentlest expression of smoldering depth. Go dark now or store cold.

Allergen warning: contains lactose.

12. Weathered Souls Brewing Co.
      PB Fusion Technique
      11.5% | 16oz can
      Imperial Stout with coconut, brownie fudge and peanut butter flavor.

Allergen warning: contains peanuts.

### FAQ THREAD :confused:

Is this a virtual fest?
    While there will be online components, this isn't a virtual event. Enjoy the box of beers at your leisure! Feel free to join the dedicated forum too.

How many beers are included in the box?
    You'll receive a box with one beer from each of our twelve (12) participating breweries ranging in package format and volume size. Each box should provide sampling for at least two people. Sharing is caring!

Why does this box cost $149.99?
    Shipping and handling thousands of boxes of awesome beer isn't cheap. We also pay for all of the beer and whatnot. On top of this, the cost of literally everything has gone up in recent years.

Will this box include drinkware?
    No, but we do sell BeerAdvocate glassware and we'll be posting a discount code in the private forum for those who want to wait.

Why is the box only available in certain states and zip codes?
    Shipping beer in America is whack! Each state has their own laws for shipping and receiving beer.

Currently, Half Time ships to specific zip codes in the following U.S. states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MN, MO, MT, NE, NC, ND, NH, NM, NY, NJ, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TX, VA, WA. For more info, please refer to Half Time’s shipping info page.

(Protip: You can always arrange to have your box shipped to a friend or family members in a neighboring state.)

When will my box ship?
    To ensure the product is as fresh as possible, please be advised that boxes won't ship immediately upon purchase. Boxes will begin shipping in early January 2023 and arrival times will vary depending on the destination state.

If I live near a Half Time Location, can I pick up my box in person?
    No. Self-pick up isn’t an option for this box.

What if I'm not home when my box gets delivered?
    An adult age 21+ must be at the physical address provided when purchasing to receive and sign for the package. Most carriers attempt delivery three times. To contact your carrier, their information is listed on your tracking link provided by Half Time. If your local carrier has informed you that your crate has been "Returned to Sender" or "RTS," it is very likely that it actually hasn't been sent back to Half Time, but stored in at the local carrier's main shipping hub. Please contact beeradvocate@halftimebeverage.com or call Half Time at (845) 462-7899 to help contact your carrier for re-delivery attempts.

What if my box of beers shows up damaged?
    Please contact beeradvocate@halftimebeverage.com or call at (845) 462-7899 for assistance.

Can I get a refund?
    All sales are final. No refunds, or partial refunds, will be issued. All breweries advertised have confirmed providing beer for this box, however, breweries and beers are subject to change without notice. There will be no refunds or exchanges resulting from the failure of any brewery to appear in the box.

How do I sync my BeerAdvocate account and Half Time order?
    Instructions to sync your BeerAdvocate account and Half Time order have been sent via email (the one you used to purchase your box) soon after sales have ended. Please check your spam folder.

Do I need to sync to receive the box?
    No.

How do I participate in the dedicated forum?
    You must sync your account.

My question wasn't answered here.
    Feel free to post your question in this thread or email us: support@beeradvocate.com

###

2. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (6,363) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

3. bwellmaker

bwellmaker Aspirant (207) Dec 26, 2018 Georgia
    Society

Looking forward to this box. Cheers

4. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Devotee (416) May 29, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

Ordered. Thanks again @Todd for putting all this together!!

5. dpc166

dpc166 Disciple (395) Jan 17, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Society

Yes!! Ordered and excited! Thanks @Todd for putting this all together once again, you're the best!

6. DIM

DIM Poo-Bah (3,655) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Hell yeah, order placed!:heavymetal::heavymetal::heavymetal::heavymetal::heavymetal::heavymetal: looks like an amazing lineup!!

7. F4Phantom

F4Phantom Disciple (369) Dec 30, 2008 Georgia
    Society

Ordered and I'll add myself to the list of members thanking Todd for curating this box!

Is it January yet????

8. lateralusbeer

lateralusbeer Zealot (545) Feb 7, 2010 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Got mine! Shared with two friends during the Super Bowl last year, made for a great experience.

JZH1000, Ozzylizard, mactrail and 7 others like this.
  9. thuey

thuey Defender (637) Nov 13, 2015 California
    Society

And ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

10. dlaflamm

dlaflamm Disciple (327) Jun 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Oh yeah! Ordered. Need something to stay warm this winter. My last box was my first extreme box and it was awesome. I expect nothing less this time around. :+1:

11. bluejacket74

bluejacket74 Poo-Bah (6,673) Jul 4, 2005 Ohio
    Society

Just ordered mine, can't pass up the big stouts very often. :joy::beers:

12. Fenski

Fenski Devotee (433) Apr 24, 2008 Ohio
    Society

Wow it will be another 12 Days of Christmas- in January! Can't wait

13. cryptichead

cryptichead Poo-Bah (1,842) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Ordered. Now got to wait 2 months...

14. deltatauhobbit

deltatauhobbit Poo-Bah (2,137) Dec 3, 2007 Maine
    Society

:sob: Not available to ship to Maine...

[​IMG]

15. Todd

You can always have it sent to a friend or family member in a neighboring state.

16. TJSoundguy

TJSoundguy Devotee (400) Jul 13, 2013 New York
    Society

Ordered! Excited to try a BUNCH of these!

17. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (4,591) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Gonna order boxes later tonight.
    Ive gotcha covered @BigIronH !!

Thanks @Todd ! So excited for these brews!!

18. gandalfcat

gandalfcat Disciple (393) Nov 28, 2009 California
    Society

Ordered mine! Looking forward to January

19. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

@BigIronH can also use my address here in IL to ship it if he wants.

Just DM me

20. SHU06Les

SHU06Les Disciple (315) Jan 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

21. Violentvixen

Violentvixen Initiate (133) Jul 25, 2021 Oregon
    Society

22. bluerabbit

bluerabbit Zealot (569) May 30, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society

Ordered. Has it shipped yet? No? Okay I'll ask again soon.

23. BFCarr

BFCarr Poo-Bah (1,500) Feb 13, 2012 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Box of goodness secured.

24. Whyteboar

Whyteboar Meyvn (1,373) Jun 7, 2008 Michigan
    Society Trader

That’s exactly what I have to do. Good thing they are only a few hours away.

25. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (2,081) Jul 2, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

i'm gonna put a target on my back by even saying this but persimmon smells like nut and a humid late night romp in the bedroom if you know what i mean so that one stout will be interesting to say the least.

26. whoiscarmine

whoiscarmine Disciple (330) Sep 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society

You SOB... I'm in.

27. Nmallard410

Nmallard410 Aspirant (248) Apr 4, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society

Ordered mine. Looking forward to this one! Thanks for all you do, @Todd

28. Kman_Colorado

Kman_Colorado Disciple (341) Aug 17, 2014 Colorado
    Society

Merry Christmas to me!!!

29. imagingh

imagingh Devotee (469) May 12, 2011 New Hampshire
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Order placed, can't wait for this one!

30. CB_Michigan

CB_Michigan Zealot (521) Sep 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

That ordering process was wayyyy too easy! I barely had time to think of an excuse to tell the wife.

31. CRAAZEEMAAN

CRAAZEEMAAN Aspirant (246) Feb 17, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Ordered 2 boxes. One for me and one to share. Early Christmas present to myself!

32. Grackos

Grackos Defender (620) Sep 6, 2014 Florida
    Society Trader

That's a great selection.

33. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

I think we might need to have a Chicagoland meetup!?

34. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe Devotee (445) Mar 23, 2008 Illinois
    Society

Ordering some dark beer like a box of stouts can really brighten one's day! Can't wait to try these!

35. cyclonece09

cyclonece09 Poo-Bah (2,562) Aug 5, 2008 Wisconsin
    Society

Wish I had a person in Chicagoland I could get mine shipped to as they have stopped shipping to Wisconsin

36. Todd

I'm sure someone will be able to assist.

37. Todd

Thanks for the support! You're all awesome! :heavymetal:

38. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (4,471) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

Ordered whilst sitting on the beach in Aruba with Mrs O. Man, do I love the beer nerd lifestyle!

Thanks for putting this together, @Todd. Looks like a stellar lineup.

39. Todd

Thanks. I'm stoked for the lineup given the quick turnaround and big ask from brewers. It's going to be a fun box. Can't wait to try 'em!

40. bushbeer75

bushbeer75 Savant (912) Aug 23, 2006 Michigan

Damn!!! NO shipping to Michigan:angry:. Darn state rules.!!!